[Mimedefang] Can MD/SA combo detect no reverse ip?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jun 12 19:15:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Tony Langdon wrote:

# > little thought: it makes sense to test such relays without
# > reverse dns for
# > an open port 25. if there is no open port 25, those ips are
# > almost always
# > open proxies (which usually do nothing else than injecting spam).

> Hmm, that's also going to knock out some home LAN users (like myself) who
> run their own local copy of Sendmail for outbound delivery, but don't accept
> mail.  I have port 25 firewalled off from the outside world, as does the
> cable ISP.

It will also knock out mail from roaringpenguin.com.  We have separate
mail servers for incoming vs. outgoing mail.