[Mimedefang] Bouncing on invalid HELO/EHLO

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Jun 12 16:29:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Michael Sims wrote:

> rewritten messages to an outside party.  Imagine receiving an email from a
> company along with a warning stating that it might be spam. :)

   Ouch.

> Yep, that is annoying.  Since I don't filter internal mail, if I ever want to
> actually manually test a custom rule I've set up, I have to jump through hoops
> in order to send it from an untrusted relay.

   Can you export the message to a file, then run spamassassin from the
command line?  I do this all the time.  I just save the message to the
directory where my local SA config is located
(/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin), change to the directory, then do
this:

	cp sa-mimedefang.cf aa
	(edit the aa file to include new spam checks)
	spamassassin -t -p aa < exported-message | more
        (then when I am satisfied it works like I want it)
	cp aa sa-mimedefang.cf
	mimedefang-ctrl reread

Jim