[Mimedefang] Bouncing on invalid HELO/EHLO

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Thu Jun 12 14:48:00 EDT 2003

Jim,

>    Anyway, is there a particular reason you don't scan email that
> originates internally?  Thanks...

	I skip the SA scan internally, but probably for different reasons
than you might.  As the local postmaster, I have been tasked by management
to prevent the influx of spam to our network.  I should *not* be hampering
the outbound mail with checks that might tag our products (market research,
industry news, strategic consulting, marketing material) as spam.  It just
avoids any "unpleasantness" with management.  Also, if there was a spam run
that took place by an internal employee, they'd probably get a "smack
down", so I'd rather see that happen ;-)

Cheers,

Stefano