[Mimedefang] Bouncing on invalid HELO/EHLO

Edgars Klepers mimedefanglist at eklynx.com
Thu Jun 12 11:58:00 EDT 2003

I just added your code to my setup and the next message I tried to send
popped up the caught message in the log files.  I used OutlookXP to send the
message from my work machine, where the IP and the reverse reslove to (fake
domain used to protect the innocent) psylocke.subdomain.domain1.com.  My
home server that allows my work machine to relay at linux.domain2.com
regestered the following line in my spam.log

(xxx'ed out the ip)
helo_not_fqdn,xxx.xxx.xxx.xx,psylocke,<mimedefanglist at eklynx.com>

So it looks like when outlook sends mail through, it doesn't use the FQDN.
Unless theres a setting I have configured wrong that is..

Considering I have my server dropping messages that score 6.0 or higher, I
want to make sure I don't add any extra scores unless I have to.