[Mimedefang] Can MD/SA combo detect no reverse ip?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jun 12 08:23:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> SO can MS/SSA do this in a filter or do I have to build this into
> sendmail?

If a host has no reverse-DNS lookup, the the following condition holds:

	$RelayHostname eq "[$RelayAddr]"

However, it's not a good idea to add 5 points for that condition,
because in my experience, quite a bit of legitimate mail comes from
servers without a reverse DNS entry.  I have a custom rule in my CanIt
setup that adds 1.2 points in that case, and it seems to work fairly well.