[Mimedefang] Problem is happening right now (was: My MD install went wacko)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 11 17:34:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Justin Shore wrote:

> It is an odd one.  I've added numerous DNSBL checks to SA.

Try removing every single network-related check from SA.  Turn of
DNSBL, Razor, DCC, etc.  The problem is that you have essentially
no control over network latency (or even connectivity), and that can
really kill your installation.

If it hums along nicely without the network tests, try adding them
back in but with fairly aggressive timeouts (5-10 seconds for the DNSBL's
and maybe 15 seconds for Razor and DCC) if it's possible to tune the
timeouts.