[Mimedefang] uvscan - detecting virus name

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Jun 11 03:07:02 EDT 2003

I was not even aware that their was an extra.dat file.
How do you got about installing it?

In other news, I've been surprised by the number of virus's my system
catches.

As for deleting attachments, I use to rename them but now I just delete
and quarantine them.  Have not had a complaint for 6 or more months.
For the past year I deleted them via a procmail script.
For the past month I've been getting them via MD, and I have yet to have a
complaint.  I just include a descriptive hyperlink that answers all the
users questions.
--luke