[Mimedefang] Problems reaching clamav site

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:56:01 EDT 2003

>From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark.org>
>
>I know that this isn't really a MD question, but this was the narrowest
>group I could think of to turn to for help.
>
>For reasons that totally escape me, I can't reach
>
>    clamav.elektrapro.com
>
>this is making it hard for me to get updates.  If the site were down
>(which is how it looks from my end), I'm sure that others would have
>mentioned it, but I don't see any mention of any problem on a
>groups.google search.  So it appears to just be me.  But I can't get
>through either from home (dynamic via charter communications, IP in
>headers of this message) or from a site I'm working on 12.158.65.0/25.

I've just had a quick look and can't access it from 217.40.34/24.  However
access via Anonymizer.com is fine.  Oddly I can traceroute to it just fine,
after which access is ok again.

Attempting a traceroute from SamSpade dies at gw-dedicati.aruba.it.  A
second attempt then works fine.  I'd guess some really odd
routing/firewalling issues at their end of the world.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?