[Mimedefang] logs filling up with QuotedPrint.pm errors

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Sun Jun 8 12:13:01 EDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Rich Stanton wrote:

> mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Use of uninitialized value in
> length at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/MIME/QuotedPrint.pm line
> 96, <GEN99> line 1

I was getting something similar (though it might be a separate problem).
There appears to be a RedHat perl problem that can be fixed by changing in
the environment

  LANG=en_US.UTF-8

  LANG=en_US

(or whatever is appropriate for your site).

So if you are using Redhat, check the LANG environment variable.  It is
ultimately set from /etc/sysconfig/i18n

I was having other perl problems (in addition to maillogs being filled
with pecular error message similar to what you report) and had nearly
reinstalled perl from source.  But even then, perl's make test failed.  So
a bit of google (on groups) pointed me to the solution.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/