[Mimedefang] logs filling up with QuotedPrint.pm errors

Rich Stanton richard.stanton1 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 8 06:34:01 EDT 2003

I don't know if this is actually a problem - as far as I can tell
MIMEDefang seems to have worked fine - but on one mail message recently
my mail logs filled up with the following:

mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Use of uninitialized value in
length at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/MIME/QuotedPrint.pm line
96, <GEN99> line 1

All the way up to ...<GEN99> line 64.

This seemed to happen on a message in which an exe attachment was
removed.  I'm using MIMEDefang 2.32, the filter has been changed
slightly according to script 4 by scott harris (found here:
http://www.thompsonic.com/util/antispam/mimedefang/script4.html).

As I say it seemed to work fine, it's just the logs filled up with
several pages of these entries.  I've seen 2 similar questions in the
mailing list archives but no reply - any offers?