[Mimedefang] I want MIMEDefang to ignore file attachments

MimeDefang account mimede at oryx.cc
Fri Jun 6 16:03:01 EDT 2003

I have mimedefang 2.33 newly installed on a Solaris 8 system which is
configured as a mail hub with sendmail 8.12.9.  It currently has an
ethernet exposed to the internet, and is used to received mail, and
then pass that mail on to lesser internal systems via an internal
interface.  Currently, mimedefang+spamassassin is doing a wonderful job
of tagging spam emails and everyone thinks it is wonderful.

There have also been a couple of incidents where (I am presuming) that
someone has sent a m$ virus/malicious file.  One example was a .pif
file.  The user(s) in question received an attachment has been
quarantined message.  I would like for mimedefang to simply tag spam
and then pass everything along to the next mail host, to include any
virus ladden attachments.  As I RTFM'ed and configured my mail setup, I
felt that my setup would do that (see sendmail.mc line below) from the
documentation, but I have obviously missed something additional.

What else do I need to do, so I can pass all attachments?

Thanks,

Jerry K

mimedefang line in sendmail.mc file here

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')

# mimedefang.pl -features
MIMEDefang version 2.33

HTML::Parser                  : yes
HTML::TokeParser              : yes
Path:CONFDIR                  : yes (/etc/mail)
Path:QUARANTINEDIR            : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
Path:SENDMAIL                 : yes (/usr/lib/sendmail)
Path:SPOOLDIR                 : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
SpamAssassin                  : yes
File::Scan                    : no
HTMLCleaner                   : no
Unix::Syslog                  : no
Virus:AVP                     : no
Virus:CLAMAV                  : no
Virus:CLAMD                   : no
Virus:FPROT                   : no
Virus:FPROTD                  : no
Virus:FSAV                    : no
Virus:FileScan                : no
Virus:HBEDV                   : no
Virus:NAI                     : no
Virus:NVCC                    : no
Virus:OpenAV                  : no
Virus:RAV                     : no
Virus:SOPHIE                  : no
Virus:SOPHOS                  : no
Virus:SymantecCSS             : no
Virus:TREND                   : no
Virus:TROPHIE                 : no
Virus:VEXIRA                  : no

IO::Socket                    : Version 1.26
MIME::Tools                   : Version 5.411
MIME::Words                   : Version 5.404
Digest::SHA1                  : Version 2.00
Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.54
Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : missing
File::Scan                    : missing
HTML::Parser                  : Version 3.28
HTML::TokeParser              : Version 2.24
Unix::Syslog                  : missing