[Mimedefang] how do i activate mimedefang+multiplexor

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:22:01 EDT 2003

>From: Ramón Alvarez Rayo <ralvarez at enitel.com.ni>
>
>Hello,
>
>i'm installing mimedefang, last version in solaris 2.6+sendmail 8.12.6,

First off, there is no such beast as "last version".  Always give the exact
version number.

Secondly, Sendmail 8.12.6 has known security issues, upgrade to 8.12.9.

>the compiling was ok, now i want to known how do i execute
>mimedefang+mimedefang-multiplexor, becesu i execute it with the foloowing
>lines:
>
>/usr/local/bin/mimedefang -U mimedefang -m 10 -p
>/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock &

If you look in the <md source>/redhat directory there is an mimedefang-init
file you can use as a template.

A 5 second scan of this suggests:

/usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor -p
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid -U mimedefang -m 10

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?