[Mimedefang] Graphdefang question

Scott Harris scott at ozmatrix.com
Wed Jun 4 22:21:02 EDT 2003

Hi Jim,

> when parsing saved log files, occasionally the pictures forget they had
> previous data from several days ago.

I had the same problem, though on FreeBSD, and had to update my Berkeley
DB as per John's instructions at:

http://www.bl.org/~jpk/graphdefang/faq.html

My experience with this is below:

<snip>
It certainly did ... exactly how you said. In my system, FreeBSD 4.5, I
had a slight issue with a library file. I created a symbolic link as per
your FAQ but when doing a 'make test' under the perl/DB_File directory, I
got a stop error with lines like this:

[root at morpheous:] # make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -
I/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach -I/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/db-btree..........Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DB_File/DB_File.so' for
module
DB_File: Shared object "libdb-4.1.so" not found
at /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

To resolve this, I copied the libdb file specified to /usr/local/lib and
everything worked ok.

I have since run the graphdefang.pl script numerous times and everything
is 'normal' :)
</snip>

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Scott Harris
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
http://www.ozmatrix.com

Ps I love MIMEdefang & I also love GraphDefang!