[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.34-BETA-5 is available

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Tue Jun 3 18:18:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 03:10:02PM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MIMEDefang 2.34-BETA-5 is at http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1
>
> Of interest to most people: Improvements in the SpamAssassin interface
> that should make SA under MIMEDefang report exactly the same score as
> SA under procmail.
>
> Other changes are experimental, such as an interface to Sendmail's
> SOCKETMAP feature supposedly due out in 8.13, and a new way to extend
> the MIMEDefang protocol from inside your filter.
>
> Regards,
David,

on a test machine running RH 8.0, the RPM generated through rpmbuild -tb
cannot be installed because there is a dependency for perl(MLDBM).

root at localhost root]# rpm -ivh
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/mimedefang-2.34-0.b5.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(MLDBM) is needed by mimedefang-2.34-0.b5

I guess it's because reset-max-date.pl is executable that the dependency
for MLDBM gets recorded (Redhat requires script since to "investigate"
all executable files. Mandrake does not work the same way on Mdk 8.2 or
9.1 there is no such dependency).

[root at localhost mimedefang-2.34-BETA-5]# ls  -l contrib/graphdefang-0.7/reset-max-date.pl
-rwxrwxr-x    1 angel    angel        1598 jan  6 19:28 contrib/graphdefang-0.7/reset-max-date.pl

MLDBM does not exist as a RPM for RedHat but through cpan2rpm I've managed to
install it as a package ( I did some cpan2rpm --author  me  FreezeThaw  ;  cpan2rpm MLDBM and
then installed the 2 RPMs created).
cpan2rpm looks really interesting. I only wish MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02 were in CPAN
(or that a new version including David's changes be released in CPAN).

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz