[Mimedefang] unsafe socket error message

B. Tolka btolka at hsc.wvu.edu
Mon Jun 2 13:28:05 EDT 2003

I just had the same problem a few days ago. Check your
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/ folder and make sure the mimedefang.sock is
present.  In the /etc/init.d/mimedefang I had to enable the use of the
socket.

Further I had to start mimedefang before sendmail, the integration into
the sendmail stratup script never worked for me, I had to remove it.

Hope that helps.

Bryan

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> Now I must ask, must the INPUT_FILTER lines and its associates also be
> put into sumbit.cf?

   I've never changed submit.mc on either of the systems running
sendmail
and MD.