[Mimedefang] Razor2?

Kim Leandersson kim.leandersson at chs.chalmers.se
Wed Jul 23 15:16:01 EDT 2003

Hello again!

Thanks for all help so far. I've followed the instructions and changed
so that I now can see the score and the names of the tests in the
headers. In the headers I don't see any sig of razor2 so I suspect that
something is wrong. It isn't the permissions since I can su to the
defang-user and manually do a spamassassin < sample-spam.txt with the
result of using razor2.

A strange thing which indicate that razor is being used are that in
defangs ~/.razor/razor-agent.log I find lines like this:

Jul 23 21:12:42.136169 check[8604]: [ 3] mail id 1 is not known spam
Jul 23 21:12:49.193618 check[8604]: [ 1] [bootup] Logging initiated
LogDebugLevel=3 to file:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/.razor/razor-agent.log
Jul 23 21:12:49.702782 check[8604]: [ 3] mail id 1 is not known spam
Jul 23 21:12:52.500901 check[8604]: [ 1] [bootup] Logging initiated
LogDebugLevel=3 to file:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/.razor/razor-agent.log

Any more advices on this?

//kim

, I've modified it to put the headers in both as MIMEDefang likes to do
it AND how SpamAssassin typically does it.  This way you can see if that
email came through and got a razor2 hit in the headers.

If all else fails, you might want to build SA from scratch along with MD
and possibly even sendmail.  So many of the features are optional that
even though everything works, you only get all the tests when you have
every dependency met.  I'm relatively certain that all these
dependencies are met if you use the How-To's I wrote at
http://www.pccc.com/downloads/.  There is a sendmail walk-through, a
SpamAssassin walk-through and a MimeDefang walk-through.  I write them
from the standpoint of making everything work with as much of a standard
base for stable servers that work the first time. I don't use CPAN, etc.
for fear that a new XYZ module will get installed breaking everything or
something small and unnoticeable. ;-)

Regards,
KAM