[Mimedefang] Question about mail/expn/vrfy/etrn

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Mon Jul 7 12:25:01 EDT 2003

Based on another posting I found that sendmail by default requires some
sort of helo:
The default is to not allow a SMTP command that does not include a host name.

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html

confALLOW_BOGUS_HELO AllowBogusHELO [False] Allow HELO SMTP command that
does not include a host name.

So even if you do not explicitly configure it, it should require a helo.