[Mimedefang] How to quarantine by filter_recipient ?

James Whittington jwhittington at excelorant.com
Wed Jul 2 13:47:00 EDT 2003

Wow that was a quick response, I hope you make time to eat :<).

When you say "move the logic" into filter_begin or filter_end, do you
mean to move the filter_recipient function into those areas, or do I use
filter_recipient to test for my condition then pass the results to
something else in filter_begin or filter_end to take action.

Please try to excuse my ignorance in this matter, sometimes it takes me
awhile to "get things" but eventually I usually do.

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, James Whittington wrote:

> I would like to be able to quarantine messages to a particular domain.

OK.

> sub filter_recipient {

You can't quarantine a message in filter_recipient because you don't
have any message to quarantine yet.

You need to move the logic into filter_begin or filter_end.
Unfortunately, you then lose the ability to fail for a particular
recipient but succeed for another.

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC