[Mimedefang] Unquoted string "sock" error messages.

Systems Administrator sysadmin at aims.gov.au
Wed Jul 2 07:37:01 EDT 2003

Hi David,

Just upgraded to v2.34 and noticed a bunch of errors similar to the following
being reported:

Jul  2 20:06:59 whelk mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave 1
stderr: Unquoted string "sock" may clash with future reserved word
at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 2258.
Jul  2 20:06:59 whelk mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave 1
stderr: Unquoted string "sock" may clash with future reserved word
at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 2272.
Jul  2 20:06:59 whelk mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave 1
stderr: Unquoted string "sock" may clash with future reserved word
at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 2294.

Looking at mimedefang.pl I noticed that there are several lines of "sock-
>close" that appear to be missing the $ identifier, possibly a typo? I'm not a
perl guru so I'm only guessing this is the cause, I modified each of the lines
in question to add the $ and tested, and the error disappears. Have I just done
something stupid or have I found a bug?

Also when I signed up to the list tonight, I noticed the following sweet little
trick:

stat=Deferred: 451 4.3.0 <sysadmin at aims.gov.au>... first-time sender tempfailed
as anti-spam measure; please try again

I did a little digging but can't find any mention of this as a feature. Are you
doing this with MimeDefang?? Its a fantastic idea!!!

Best Regards
James

--
Systems Administrator