[Mimedefang] sendmail attachment limitation

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Jul 31 10:03:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 00:00, Troy R. LeBouef wrote:
> Anyone know anything about sendmail attachment limitation. I can only
> send an attachment of about 3meg anything of 4 and above then I get a
> 552 error exceeded storage allocation. Plenty of memory and storage.
> Perhaps a rights issue or something ??

What is MaxMessageSize in your .mc? This variable sets the limit for any
message including headers, body and attachments. I also point out that
unless attachments are plain text they are encoded and thus grow in
size. For this reason it is ofter more practical to employ other
transfer tools such as ftp, scp, rcp et cetera to move larger items
rather than clog up mail spools with large items.

--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
416-452-4583