[Mimedefang] order of processes

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Jul 30 11:47:01 EDT 2003

Dana,
	Sendmail allows MD, which utilizes SA, to listen in on the SMTP
conversation.  It's almost simultaneous.  However, Sendmail's access DB
file has precedence in the case of rejecting mail.  Certainly before SA
even gets its paws on it.  Access usually is consulted  at the conversation
inset, HELO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO.  That stuff.  SA runs after the DATA phase
because it needs the actual message to process.

Hopefully that's not way off.  Why do you ask?

Cheers,

Stefano