[Mimedefang] PrePending Subject line.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Jul 27 12:48:01 EDT 2003

I got it working now... thanks...

I guess that's what i get for installing/configuring stuff at like 3am...

Thanks,

 -ben

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Rob MacGregor wrote:

> >From: Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net>
> >
> >Hi folks, I just installed MIMEdefang and SPAMassassin this week.. what a
> >cool setup. It's doing wonders already. I have a couple of config
> >questions though....
> >
> >I looked through the list and saw another conversation about it, but not
> >the answer... so I thought I would ask again...
> >
> >When SPAMassassin sends back a high rating for an email...
> >
> >I want to prepend the subject line with "***SPAM***" while keeping the
> >rest of the original subject line intact...
> >
> >How can I do this?
>
> A trawl of the list archive will probably find it, but as that's where I
> found it:
>
> action_change_header("Subject", "***SPAM*** $Subject");
>
> I use the following to indicate just how spamish it is:
>
> action_change_header("Subject", "SPAM ($hits): $Subject");
>
> >Also,
> >   if I want to not bother scanning any mail I generate based on
> >   my domain, my server's IP address (for Majordomo) -
>
> This I know is around in the list archives as it comes up regularly.  It's
> also on the MimeDefang website in the recipies page:
>
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/canit/recipes.php3
>

>   Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
>        Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
> --
> Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Ben Kamen - O.D.P, S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Work: bkamen at uiuc.edu
gPG Pub Key - http://www.benjammin.net/www/pages/library

NOTE: Opinions and Views discussed via email are my own and not that
of the State of Illinois, University of Illinois or the Illinois Dept
of Natural Resources. They are my own. "They" get none of the credit.

'/usr/games/fortune' says:
Equal bytes for women.