[Mimedefang] Mimedefang doesn't filter

Cahya Wirawan cwirawan at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 24 05:44:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:21:52AM -0300, Nicolas Facundo Pablo wrote:
> I have configured Sendmail, Mimedefang, AVP
> When I have to send a mail, he/she sends it without any problem type and
> I receive it well. The only thing that is not filtering it.
> When I look for in /var/log/maillog he/she appears me:
>
> Jul 21 16:15:40 amgs-mail sendmail[2220]: h6LJEexs002220: Milter
> (mimedefang): timeout before dates read

try to set timeout between sendmail and mimedefang higher.
I use T=C:5m;S:2m;R:2m;E:5m in sendmail config.
it happend to me when I used 10s as sending time out to mimedefang. I think
It happend if mimedefang has to fork another multiplexor when another
multiplexor are busy, and this forking takes time if you use spamassassin.
and try also to use more min slaves for multiplexor.

cahya.