[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.36-BETA-1 is available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jul 23 14:50:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

MIMEDefang 2.36-BETA-1 is at the download page:
http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1

The major change from 2.35 is the elimination of stdio from the
last spot where it causes scalability problems.  I realize that an
extremely busy production Solaris mail server is not where most people
want to put a beta, but if there's someone out there who can test this
beta on such a machine, I'd appreciate it.  It should eliminate the
problem with being unable to read the RESULTS file because of a lack
of stdio streams.

As a bonus, the non-stdio implementation releases the RESULTS file
descriptor more quickly, and that should help scalability in general.

Complete changelog from 2.35 follows.  I've been extremely busy
lately; if you've sent me a patch and I dropped it, I apologize -- please
let me know.

2003-07-23  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* MIMEDefang 2.36-BETA-1 released.

	* mimedefang-multiplexor.c, mimedefang.c:  Added -D option
	to stay in foreground instead of daemonizing (Ben Kamen).

	* examples/init-script.in: Added MD_EXTRA variable (Jeremy Mates).

	* configure.in: Search for and use <stdint.h>

	* mimedefang-filter.5.in: Clarify availability of global variables.

	* mimedefang.c: Get rid of last use of stdio in non-scalable
	location.  Check every single smfi_xxxx callback for success
	and log a message on failure.

2003-07-11  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Initialize $SALocalTestsOnly to 1.

2003-07-02  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Version 2.35 RELEASED