[Mimedefang] Razor2?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at peregrinehw.com
Tue Jul 22 11:45:01 EDT 2003

This could be a permissions problem but it also could be a case where it is
testing for it but you aren't seeing it.

So first, you should end up with a .razor directory with a razor-agent.log
that you can tell whether it is querying razor or not.  I end up with this
directory under /home/defang/.razor because I run the MD multiplexor as user
defang.  Do you have this directory and a log file?

Second, one of the few things I don't like about this fabulous MIMEdefang is
just nitpicky with the example script.  In particular, emails NOT marked as
SPAM don't modify the headers anyway with the tests and scores. I find it
very useful to know what tests an email failed sometimes EVEN when it passed
SA's tests.  If you look at
http://www.pccc.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-filter-KAM, I've
modified it to put the headers in both as MIMEDefang likes to do it AND how
SpamAssassin typically does it.  This way you can see if that email came
through and got a razor2 hit in the headers.

If all else fails, you might want to build SA from scratch along with MD and
possibly even sendmail.  So many of the features are optional that even
though everything works, you only get all the tests when you have every
dependency met.  I'm relatively certain that all these dependencies are met
if you use the How-To's I wrote at http://www.pccc.com/downloads/.  There is
a sendmail walk-through, a SpamAssassin walk-through and a MimeDefang
walk-through.  I write them from the standpoint of making everything work
with as much of a standard base for stable servers that work the first time.
I don't use CPAN, etc. for fear that a new XYZ module will get installed
breaking everything or something small and unnoticeable. ;-)

Regards,
KAM