[Mimedefang] I still have hair left

Mitch at 0Bits.COM Mitch at 0Bits.COM
Tue Jul 22 07:09:01 EDT 2003

Hi Tim,

Your sendmail is error is quite strange. Look at the delay= line
in yours

> Jul 21 22:45:14 calgw sendmail[5099]: h6M4jDPc005099: to=<timp at crossthread.com>, delay=00:00:01, pri=30425, stat=Please try again later

and what i was getting before i fixed my syslog

 Jul  9 00:20:14 core sm-mta[28247]: h68NID1I028247: to=<mitch at 0bits.com>, delay=00:02:01, pri=140375, stat=Please try again later

In mine, it is clearly timing out after 2 minutes odd, whereas your's
seems to be effectively generating the error instantaneously (1s) like
as you say, it's not finding mimedefang.pl at all to execute..

Are you SURE you've got the multiplexor and the mimedefang.pl installed
correctly in the right path for the multiplexor to spawn it ?

 % strings /usr/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor|grep mimedefang.pl
 /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl

Are you sure your socket is set up correctly and is readable by
the defang user ?

If the answers to all above are yes, then the last thing to do is
use your UNIX tools - in Linux's case "strace" and in FreeBSD probably
the "truss" command to truss sendmail (using the -f flag to follow it's
children) and  see what it is failing on.

Mitch