[Mimedefang] Off topic

Shawn Button sbutton at dtjboulder.com
Fri Jul 18 15:57:02 EDT 2003

We run the 8.12.8 sendmail daemon with MD and SA. This is off topic but
for some reason, sendmail appears to be ignoring the access database. We
use this to deny specific spam mail servers. The mc and cf files jive
with the access database option. I reprocessed the mc>cf via m4 just to
be sure. Still no go on the access database. We rehashed it and
restarted sendmail just in case. I created a brand new access file (with
only 1 deny entry to test), rehashed it and it still does not work so I
don't think that there is a problem with the file, sendmail appears to
be ignoring it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you kindly,

Shawn