[Mimedefang] preferred pthread library

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Fri Jul 18 09:54:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 05:58:51AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
>      Is there a preferred pthread library to use when the OS doesn't
> have a native one?  I tried GNU PTH 2.0.0 and the slaves crashed when
> sendmail tried to connect.  I then tried "unproven-pthreads" and the
> multiplexor simply ended up killing the slaves because they were busy
> when sendmail tried to connect.  Right now I'm trying to get MD to
> compile with MIT pthreads, then I plan on trying PTL2.  Does anybody
> have any other suggestions?

Which OS are you running ?
Does your OS offer some package version of MIMEDefang that could solve
this problem ?
I know Netbsd comes with some MIMEDefang port which has been updated
to 2.35 reently - see
 ftp://ftp.us.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/mail/mimedefang/

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services