[Mimedefang] bayes_path error

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Thu Jul 17 17:21:02 EDT 2003

I've been trying to fix an error in the logs:

mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave n stderr: Cannot open bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes R/W: File exists

where n is one of the slave numbers.

I've got bayes_path set to /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  The 4 bayes_* data files are in /var/spool/spamassassin and are staying up-to-date.  I also see evidence that bayes is being used in the X-Spam-Score headers in messages that are flagged as spam.  I tried setting bayes_path to /etc/mail/spamassassin which did indeed stop the errors but it also stopped spamassassin from using bayes.

I've seen references to this error on the mailing list/archives but I don't see any clear resolution.  Has anyone found a solution?  Because it appears to be working, I assume the log entry is more of an annoyance than a real error.

Thanks,
Randy