[Mimedefang] mimedefang and spamassassin

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at peregrinehw.com
Wed Jul 16 09:56:02 EDT 2003

I think he confused people by his question.  I believe all he really wants
is to modify the bad filename routine built into the default MimeDefang
filter to remove certain extensions.  Either that or it's his virusscanner
routine he's worried about not spamassassin. He was just hoping that a SA
whitelist entry would be able to be used to bypass the other routines.

Can he use $Sender in the filter_bad_filename routine?  If so, I think he
needs to modify that routine and he might ALSO need to check his scanner to
see if it removes certain files as well.

KAM