[Mimedefang] mimedefang and spamassassin

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 16 09:44:01 EDT 2003

> situation is that i have 2 or three senders that i trust that i would like
> to be able to send any sort of attachment to anyone in the company - what
> is the easiest way to do this?

I didn't read this question correctly-- it's not about
Spamassassin but testing file extensions.  Sorry.

The issue that would concern me is how you know who the
sender is.  Surely you are not trusting the smtp "mail from:"
or the header "From:".  Checking that $RelayAddr is their PC
is dangerous too because it assumes their PCs would never
have a virus.  If they use smtp auth that would be relatively
solid.

Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu