[Mimedefang] error in email attachment of 1 meg and above

troy lebouef troy at lebouef.com
Tue Jul 15 21:43:01 EDT 2003

I am setting up another mimedefang/spamassassin system and am
experiencing a problem with attachments.

I send an attachment of 1 meg and above and the system burbs with this
error message :

The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's
limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties
| Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'attachment
for 2.8 meg', Account: 'mail2.lebouef.com', Server: '65.208.19.130',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 Requested mail action aborted:
exceeded storage allocation', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

Summerized as :

Server Response: '552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage
allocation.

I don't understand why the first system didn't do this and now this
system is doing this and I swear I am installing and configuring
everything the same... but must be doing something inconsistent perhaps
cant figure out what. Both systems are the same with 60 gig hard drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks in advance.