[Mimedefang] redhat/* files not updated by configure?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jul 14 09:00:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 07:34, David F. Skoll wrote:

> I'm mulling over pulling the redhat/ files completely, because Red Hat's
> init script system is ugly as sin, and the generic UNIX startup script
> works just fine on Red Hat (and all the other UNIX/Linux systems I have
> access to.)

I've grown to like the RedHat system since they added the
'service' wrapper program so it's:
service any_service stop|start|restart
without having to think about what signal you have to send or
which processes you have to kill.

The scripts are ugly because what you would have to do without
them is ugly and inconsistent - and you would have to remember
it yourself.

---
   Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com