[Mimedefang] MySQL connection per slave

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 06:34:00 EDT 2003

Thanks Jason,

that almost worked, but I had to call filter_init
within mimedefang.pl (which I really didn't want to
have to change).

I added:

    if (defined(&filter_init)) {
        filter_init();
    }

just before the 'Infinite server loop' in the main
function. These are the only three lines that have
been added/changed. The database handle and connection
and disconnection code remain in mimedefang_filter.

I have used filter_cleanup to close the connection.

Now this does not address error conditions such as
disconnecting if the slave dies (make sure that
connections don't remain open) or how to re-connect if
the connection is lost during the slave lifecycle.

Chris