[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock problem

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 02:09:00 EDT 2003

>From: Xiaoyan Ma <xma at haas.berkeley.edu>
>
>I finally got mimedefang.sock after stop+start / restart over 20 times.  I
>understand I am not the only one running into this problem.  I actually
>learned this restart trick from the list yesterday.  What was the cause of
>this problem?  Anything related to OS (I am running Solaris) and saw people
>having same problem with RedHat?   I am just so puzzled and worried.  I am
>not sure if this will happen again when we have to reboot the box.  Any
>suggestions?

In common with a fair number of other programs, when you run the script to
stop MD it doesn't stop immediately, sometimes it takes a second or so.  You
need to wait for all MD processes to stop (or wait a couple of seconds) and
*then* start it.

This has been mentioned before and if you trawl the list archive you'll find
the details eventually.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?