[Mimedefang] MD and MD pids

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Jul 10 09:57:00 EDT 2003

I just noticed that my installation of MD does create any PID files. I
assume from the start up script that it is supposed to but nothing in
/var/spool/MIMEDefang.

Perms on the above directory are:
drwx------    6 defang   defang       4096 Jul 10 08:57
/var/spool/MIMEDefang

I am using  v5.6.1 built for i386-linux under RH7.3 and assume it's not
threaded as it's the version that is stock.

To get to the point, because there are no PID files created, I end up
with many processes owned by defang that are not stopped when sendmail
and MD are stopped. I would like these cleaned up via the scripts but
can't get there from here without the PID files. Anyone see this and
have suggestions? I'm open.

ger
--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>