[Mimedefang] Sendmail + MD + SA Relaying Question

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Jul 10 05:53:00 EDT 2003

On 7/10/03 6:33 PM, "Trevor Jorgenson" <trevor at unixforever.net> wrote:

...snip...

> I'm so not a sendmail wizard (been a bit spoiled with qmail, however it's
> back to sendmail for some stuff thanks to milter), so I'm a little lost on
> this. It's seeming to think that because it's fqdn is
> challenger.inetdigital.net that anything in inetdigital.net must be a local
> mailer. /etc/mail/local-host-names only has challenger.inetdigital.net, and
> the only Cw is localhost.

if you're not serving ANY local users on that machine for that domain, then
you might want to remove the "challenger.inetdigital.net" from your
local-host-names file (and restart sendmail)

my configuration is a little bit different in the case that I'm using LDAP
lookups to the active directory to check for user existence, so my
mailertable is a little different.

however on my secondary mail server, i have it configured with NO entry in
local-host-names for my primary domain, and a mailertable entry that looks
like:

primarydomain.com   smtp:[mail.primarydomain.com]

and it works fine.

on my primary mail server i have the following in my local-host-names:

primarydomain.com
mail.primarydomain.com
<other virtual mail domains>

and before i implemented the LDAP stuff my mailertable looked like:

primarydomain.com   smtp:[192.168.x.x]

and it was working.

I don't have any entry in my access database for my domainname to relay,
although it shouldn't hurt, you might want to try removing it (just in
case).

alan