[Mimedefang] HI!! User Problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 10 04:50:01 EDT 2003

> No i wasn't kidding. The original poster (see below) asked
>
> 	but i have any questions, in the features
> 	says that i can filter by user-name, and i
> 	have tried to filter in this way and i don't
> 	know how, anyone have any tips for that?
>
> I did indicate that fighting spam using the "From" line
> is NOT a good idea, but if he wanted to do it, it is trivial
> with sendmail.
>
> And where exactly did he say he wanted a "user" based
> configuration with MD ? The original post is below.
>
> Mitch

Mitch, he said "i can filter by user-name" so I thought he ment user
controlled. Maybe misunderstanding. But as he asks in the mimedefang
mailinglist we can presume he asks for a solution with mimedefang and no
general sendmail configuration. Do you enter any mail address a spammer used
into your sendmail's access map? Much work I expect and typicly what a
dynamic spam fighting solution shall avoid.
I didn't want to blame you Mitch, I just wondered about your reply.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999