[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang vs. NetBSD 1.6.1

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Jul 9 08:31:01 EDT 2003

     I've been trying to MIMEDefang to run on NetBSD.  I've tried a
couple of different versions of the OS.  With the latest release
version (1.6.1), I can compile MIMEDefang, but when I try to use it,
the slave crashes when sendmail connects to it.  I also tried it on a
-current system (development code) and it worked there.  The primary
difference between the two systems is that the 1.6.1 machine is using
GNU pth 2.0.0 and the -current system is using a native pthread library
(the released system doesn't have a native pthread library).  Is there
a preferred pthread library to use when an OS doesn't have a native
one?  My setup on the 1.6.1 box looks like:

MIMEDefang version 2.34

HTML::Parser                  : yes
HTML::TokeParser              : yes
HTMLCleaner                   : yes
Path:CONFDIR                  : yes (/etc/mail)
Path:QUARANTINEDIR            : yes (/var/spool/MD-Quarantine)
Path:SENDMAIL                 : yes (/usr/sbin/sendmail)
Path:SPOOLDIR                 : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
SpamAssassin                  : yes
Unix::Syslog                  : yes
File::Scan                    : no
Virus:AVP                     : no
Virus:CLAMAV                  : no
Virus:CLAMD                   : no
Virus:FPROT                   : no
Virus:FPROTD                  : no
Virus:FSAV                    : no
Virus:FileScan                : no
Virus:HBEDV                   : no
Virus:NAI                     : no
Virus:NVCC                    : no
Virus:OpenAV                  : no
Virus:SOPHIE                  : no
Virus:SOPHOS                  : no
Virus:SymantecCSS             : no
Virus:TREND                   : no
Virus:TROPHIE                 : no
Virus:VEXIRA                  : no

IO::Socket                    : Version 1.27
MIME::Tools                   : Version 5.411
MIME::Words                   : Version 5.404
Digest::SHA1                  : Version 2.02
Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.55
Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : Version 1.19
File::Scan                    : missing
HTML::Parser                  : Version 3.27
HTML::TokeParser              : Version 2.24
Unix::Syslog                  : Version 0.99

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-netbsd

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

I'm using the Roaring Penguin version of MIME::Tools.  Also, I'm using
Sendmail 8.12.9.  Is there any other information that's needed?