[Mimedefang] Revisiting the bombardment of 451 Tempfailing errors

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Jul 8 12:21:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 10:16, alan premselaar wrote:
> On 7/8/03 10:17 PM, "Justin Shore" <listuser at numbnuts.net> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > # Lets SA run its DNSBLs and Razor stuff, I think
> > #$SALocalTestsOnly = 0;
>
> why don't you set $SALocalTestsOnly = 1; to be sure that it's not
> defaulting to 0.

That is likely the problem.  In Perl the default value would be 0,
which would run Razor, which will take time---too much time.

The log message Justine Shore posted looked a lot like some log
messages we saw when the milter timed out.  An email with about
60 images (a web page) was sent.  Each image was virus scanned,
and each scan was taking about a second (mostly startup time
for sweep).  MIMEDefang kept going, but sendmail had already
given up.   Try setting $SALocalTestsOnly=1.

Mike

Michael D. Sofka              sofkam at rpi.edu
C&CT Sr. Systems Programmer    Email, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/