[Mimedefang] Revisiting the bombardment of 451 Tempfailing errors

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 8 08:56:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Justin Shore wrote:

> Howdy all.  I'm still having trouble with my server deciding to tempfail
> everything after only a handful of minutes running.  It has all but made
> the mail system unusable.

I'm completely stumped; I've never seen this behaviour before.  I test
MIMEDefang on a Sun Blade 100 which is much less powerful than your box,
and it works fine.

Are you running Solaris 9?  Maybe it's a Solaris 8 problem?  Any other
Solaris users out there with helpful info?

> MX_SLAVE_DELAY=5
This is too high.  I would use 1 or 0.

> MX_REQUESTS=50
This is way too low.  I suggest 500.

> Jul  7 21:14:59 bubba mimedefang[20616]: h682EmlQ020615: Unknown command
> '%' in RESULTS file

Could you have a partially-installed version of MIMEDefang, like a set
of "C" programs from a different version than the Perl program?  Are you
linking against a recent libmilter.a?