[Mimedefang] sendmail-mimedefang-spamassassin

Bill Friedman linguafr at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 15:52:01 EDT 2003

David F. Skoll wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Bill Friedman wrote:
>

>>Warning: Option: InputMailFilters requires Milter support (-DMILTER)
>>

>Your Sendmail does not include Milter support.
>

>>Here's the site.m4.conf file that was used for the build.
>>

>The filename should be "site.config.m4", not "site.m4.conf".  Looks like
>you need to rebuild/reinstall sendmail.

I just misremembered the filename.  I have the correct filename.
I followed the HOW-TO last time and as you can seeiincluded this line in
this file

/usr/src/sendmail-8.12.9/devtools/Site
# more site.config.m4
dnl Milter
APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DMILTER')
APPENDDEF(`conf_libmilter_ENVDEF', `-D_FFR_MILTER_ROOT_UNSAFE ')

and this is sendmail.mc

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')

and there all these object files.  This is why it isn't clear that those
warnings from newaliases means definitively that milter support wasn't
built in.
And since I followed the HOW-TO last time, I imagine I'll end up with
the same result.

# ls /usr/src/sendmail-8.12.9/obj.Linux.2.4.9-34smp.i686/libmilter
comm.c       errstring.o  listener.c  Makefile.old  sm_gethost.c
comm.o       handler.c    listener.o  signal.c      sm_gethost.o
engine.c     handler.o    main.c      signal.o      sm_os.h
engine.o     libmilter.a  main.o      smfi.c        strl.c
errstring.c  libmilter.h  Makefile    smfi.o        strl.o

Thanks