[Mimedefang] Recomposing quarantined virus

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jul 5 04:38:00 EDT 2003

    On my NTBUGTRAQ list, two individuals send the eicar.com virus test
through, complete with an actual message, explanation, dissection, yaddi
yaddi yadda, about the virus test file.  Now, being the good little
program that clamav is, it saw it as a virus, and promptly instructed
MIMEdefang to quarantine it.  However, I would like to re-assemble this
message and let it through anyway.

    Looking in the quarantine folder, I see the following parts:

-rw-------    1 defang   defang       1681 Jul  4 15:58 HEADERS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang        123 Jul  4 15:58 MSG.1
-rw-------    1 defang   defang      24476 Jul  4 15:58 PART.1.BODY
-rw-------    1 defang   defang        118 Jul  4 15:58 PART.1.HEADERS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang         20 Jul  4 15:58 RECIPIENTS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang         41 Jul  4 15:58 SENDER
-rw-------    1 defang   defang         15 Jul  4 15:58 SENDMAIL-QID

    Which isn't the normal type of quarantine pieces I deal with (you
know, the whole 'sendmail -oi -Am -f `cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` <
ENTIRE_MESSAGE' bit.)  How can I reassemble this type of (virus)
quarantine, and send it through?