[Mimedefang] sendmail-mimedefang-spamassassin

Curtis cnpman at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 18:21:10 EDT 2003

--- Bill Friedman <linguafr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <--SNIP-->
> And since I'm using mimedefang I won't be needing
> spamd, correct?
>
> What else might I check?
>
> Thank You
Bill,

The main thing that kept my installation from working
correctly was the rights to the directory
/usr/share/spamassassin. The files in that directory
need to be world readable. If everything else is
correctly configured correctly do a "su - defang" and
try to navigate to the /usr/share/spamassassin
directory. If you cannot, find out why. If everything
else is correct you will see "X-Scanned" messages in
the mail log, but no "X-Spam" messages.

Hope that helps you,

Curtis
cnpman at yahoo.com