[Mimedefang] Using relay_is_blacklisted() or Sendmail dnsbl feature ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Jul 2 15:38:00 EDT 2003

Adding this line to sendmail.mc seemed to improve things a lot:
   define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl
Now Sendmail 8.12.8 responds promptly.  I'm unsure if this is
really the fault of Sendmail, and it's funny that there doesn't
seem to be such a problem with DNS blacklist responses on our
servers running Redhat 9 or AIX 4.3, but only on Redhat ES 2.1.

I understand that using Sendmail's dnsbl blacklist feature may
be more efficient than using Mimedefang's relay_is_blacklisted()
function, so I guess that'll be my choice.

Dave Helton <dave at kd0yu.com> wrote:

> http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/294.html
>
> may have bearing on this.

Ole Holm Nielsen