[Mimedefang] Problems with zip file as attachement

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Jul 2 11:29:12 EDT 2003

Hello Ueli,
	I and several other users on this list use code similar to the
following to do what you mention for a group of viruses, including SoBig.

In filter, in the Virus section, I have the following:

        if ($category eq "virus") {
            md_log('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr);
            # This has been added to not bother notifying recipients
            # of selected viruses that are from bogus addresses or have
            # no real purpose.
            if ($VirusName =~
/klez|bugbear|nimda|hybris|yaha|braid|sobig/i)
            {
            return action_discard();
            } else {
            return action_quarantine($entity, "A known virus was discovered
and d$
            }
        }

It may not be perfect or elegant, but it keeps the noise down.  Does anyone
else get MD virus notifications forwarded to them as spam?  ;-)

Cheers,

Stefano