[Mimedefang] Problems with zip file as attachement

Ueli Kessler U.Kessler at deltavista.com
Wed Jul 2 11:20:08 EDT 2003

Hello,
Iam running mimdefang 2.29 on a RH 8.0 System. The last couple days we were flooded with
e-mails containing the Sobig-E virus in an attachment.

mimedefang (sophos) detected the virus in a pif file, which was zipped in a *.zip file. The
virus file was deleted but the zip file was sent to the enduser as *.zi file, which is totally
rubbish.
Actually I want to discard *EVERY* e-mail which contains a virus, no matter< if
some other attachments are clean.
Can you please tell me how to achieve this?

Thank you very much for your help!

	-Ueli