[Mimedefang] First-time sender tempfailed

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jul 2 09:36:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Stephane Lentz wrote:

> > stat=Deferred: 451 4.3.0 <sysadmin at aims.gov.au>... first-time sender tempfailed
> > as anti-spam measure; please try again

> I guess It's David's protection againts spam for the mailing-list on
> lists.roaringpenguin.com.

It's a feature of CanIt and CanIt-PRO, our commercial solutions.  It would
be quite easy to add to MIMEDefang, but obviously we need some incentive
to lure people into CanIt/CanIt-PRO. :-)

The idea has been extended by the "greylisting" folks at
http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/ (Unfortunately, URL appears
to be dead right now.)  CanIt and CanIt-PRO in CVS now feature the
full greylisting technique.