[Mimedefang] Unquoted string "sock" error messages.

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Wed Jul 2 07:46:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:20:04AM +0000, Systems Administrator wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Just upgraded to v2.34 and noticed a bunch of errors similar to the following
> being reported:
>
> Jul  2 20:06:59 whelk mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave 1
> stderr: Unquoted string "sock" may clash with future reserved word
> at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 2258.
>
> Looking at mimedefang.pl I noticed that there are several lines of "sock-
> >close" that appear to be missing the $ identifier, possibly a typo? I'm not a
> perl guru so I'm only guessing this is the cause, I modified each of the lines
> in question to add the $ and tested, and the error disappears. Have I just done
> something stupid or have I found a bug?

Nothing stupid at all.
Already mentionned and to be fixed in 2.35 :

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-June/006495.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-June/006496.html

> Also when I signed up to the list tonight, I noticed the following sweet little
> trick:
>
> stat=Deferred: 451 4.3.0 <sysadmin at aims.gov.au>... first-time sender tempfailed
> as anti-spam measure; please try again

I guess It's David's protection againts spam for the mailing-list on
lists.roaringpenguin.com.

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services