[Mimedefang] configure mimedefang to use NAI

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Jul 1 19:08:00 EDT 2003

I looked through the archives and could not find information on
configuring mimedefang to use uvscan as the virus scanner...
I see it is detected at this point in /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl
$Features{'Virus:NAI'}      = ('/bin/false' ne '/bin/false' ? '/bin/false'
: 0);

Do all I have to do is change it to:
$Features{'Virus:NAI'}      = 1;

Then when I run /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl -features it detects NAI scan:
Virus:NAI                     : yes

Then I restart mimedefang.

The problem when I send a test message through the server is that it
cannot initialize the virus scanner:

-----------------------
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
451 4.7.1 Problem running virus-scanner
admin... Deferred: 451 4.7.1 Problem running virus-scanner
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 esus.cs.montana.edu closing connection

Ideas on what I am overlooking?
I can see uvscan on the path.

--Luke